PeaceHealth currently has a Nurse Manager opportunity available for our Labor & Delivery unit at Sacred Heart Medical Center at Riverbend. Honored to be recognized among the top most beautiful hospitals in the US, our state-of-the art 338 bed regional medical center is located in Oregon’s picturesque Willamette Valley.
- Oversee our modern 16 suite Labor & Delivery nursing unit
- Appx 2900 deliveries each year
- We are a Baby Friendly certified hospital!
- Work with a collaborative perinatal leadership team
- Join an organization beginning its magnet journey
- Relocation Assistance available
If you are an experienced nurse manager with a Labor & Delivery nursing background, please consider joining our leadership team at PeaceHealth.
Apply online or email our Nurse Recruiter, Lisa: RNRecruitment@peacehealth.org.
Situated in the heart of Lane County, Springfield and its sister city Eugene are adventure-driven destinations. Find yourself hiking to spectacular waterfalls or along the nearby ocean beaches, rafting and kayaking in white water, cycling through wine country or along the many miles of bicycle paths. We have one of the most desirable locations in the Pacific Northwest to live, work, and play and are located just 2 hours south of Portland, and 1 hour from the Pacific Ocean beaches. We offer something for everyone, with year around outdoor activities, sporting events, and a wide array of educational and cultural activities at the Museums of Art and Natural History, the University of Oregon, and the Hult Center for Performing Arts.
Manages the coordination of activities on the Labor & Delivery nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years demonstrated progressive leadership responsibility. Management experience desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience
Current Oregon State Registered Nurse licensure required at time of hire.
Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
ACLS may be required.
Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 800 physicians and providers, a comprehensive laboratory system, and ten medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues to serve communities when invited to do so with a spirit of collaboration and stewardship – the spirit of health.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield, OR community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, OR, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care
Shift Length: N/A
Work Type: Full Time
Hourly compensation starts at: $52.05, more depending on experience
Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Oregon
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield, OR || Management/Executives; Nursing - RN Other; Nursing - RN Patient Care || Full Time || CRITICAL CARE SVCS