As healthcare professionals, we are driven by a shared desire to help others.
Through medicine, technology and basic human compassion, we have the power to bring hope, comfort and healing to people in their hour of need.
At all of the LifeCare Family of Hospitals, we never forget the importance of our mission and the responsibility that comes with it. We are dedicated to achieving better health for our patients by treating each person's body, mind and soul.
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
We have an immediate opportunity for Directors of Quality Management.
The Director Quality Management oversees and/or performs the departmental functions of all quality management services in the hospital including Risk Management, Performance Improvement, Medical Staff Credentialing, Patient Safety, Workers’ Compensation, Employee Health, Infection Control and the hospital compliance program. The Director Quality management implements the hospital Performance Improvement Program through an ongoing program that objectively and systematically monitors and evaluates the quality and appropriateness of patient care, pursues opportunities to improve patient care, and assists in the resolution of problems that are identified. The Director Quality Management is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and LifeCare activities to ensure individualized, patient- centered health care for all patient populations admitted to LifeCare Hospital.
Patient Population: Has contact with patients in a non-clinical setting; understands and demonstrates appropriate behavior when interacting with patients in the adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older) populations.
1. Works with the Medical Staff and Administration to assure compliance with all regulatory agencies, Medical Staff, and related committees regarding Quality Management requirements.
2. Provides support to the Medical Executive Committee and serves on or chairs hospital support committees. Coordinates Quality Management Department interactions with other hospital departments.
3. Develops and manages programs for risk elimination and risk control with emphasis on increased quality of patient care and medical services. Administers the overall Patient Safety/Risk Management/ Workers’ Compensation Programs.
4. Plans, develops, and maintains the Infection Control Program; initiates review/revision of Infection Control policies and procedures.
5. Performs or oversees all tasks associated with the hospital’s quality reporting requirements, to include gathering and tracking relevant quality data and outcomes, inputting data into appropriate systems, filing reports with various agencies, and following up to ensure all quality-related reports are filed correctly and in a timely fashion.
6. Serves as the facility resource for policies and procedures.
7. The knowledge and skills necessary to perform the position are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients or customers, served by the department.
8. Adheres to LifeCare policies, procedures, all safety plans and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
9. Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Supervision: Directs the functions and the staff of the Quality Management department.
Experience: Five to seven year clinical and/or administrative experience with a quality focus, including previous management experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree, or combination of an Associate’s degree in an approved Registered Nurse program and meaningful and appropriate experience.
Licensure/Certification: Current clinical license in state where currently practicing preferred. All Directors Quality Management must maintain current licensure (if applicable) while employed with LifeCare Hospitals.
Additional Salary Information: To be discussed at interview
Improving the lives of people with severe illness or injury takes more than skill and compassion - it takes innovation.
A national leader in long term acute care, LifeCare was built on the belief that early and aggressive intervention, coupled with a personalized treatment plan that encompasses body, mind and soul, can maximize a patient's potential for recovery.
Our multi-disciplinary treat...ment teams are directed by highly-trained, committed physicians and include healthcare professionals involved in all aspects of a patient's care: nurses, respiratory therapists, physical medicine specialists, radiologists, pharmacists, dietitians and case managers.
Our philosophy has impacted the lives of thousands of LifeCare patients, resulting in improved outcomes, shorter hospital stays and more cost-effective treatment.
Based in Plano, Texas, the LifeCare Family of Hospitals includes both freestanding and "hospital-in-hospital" acute care hospitals designed to treat medically comple