Cookeville Regional Medical Center is seeking a Director of Quality who will be responsible for providing leadership and authority to manage the Quality Management function consistent with the CRMC mission and vision. This function includes the following areas: (1) the planning and implementation of hospital-wide quality & Performance improvement programs designed to enhance the quality of patient care and exceed customer expectations, (2) oversee medical staff quality and peer review activities, and (3) Oversight and/or co-facilitation of TJC & State survey activities. Provide oversight and direction to quality, infection control and risk areas of the facility.
3-5 years' experience in a responsible administrative position in a hospital or related health services administration position.
Within three years of obtaining the position he/she must obtain Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or similar approved certification as well as obtaining examiner status with the Tennessee Center for Performance excellence within the same time frame.
Additional Salary Information: Exceptional Benefits available at day 31 of employment.
Internal Number: 020521
About Cookeville Regional Medical Center
Serving the area since 1950, Cookeville Regional Medical Center (CRMC) is a progressive 247-bed regional referral center serving more than 350,000 residents in the Upper Cumberland region of middle Tennessee. With almost 200 physicians in 40 different medical and surgical specialties, Cookeville Regional offers patients here the same kind of care that they could expect in a larger metropolitan area including specialty care such as cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac and thoracic surgery, vascular surgery, pulmonology, cancer treatment, orthopedics,
physical rehabilitation and neurosurgery. The medical center’s Rehabilitation Center is located within a block of the hospital and includes both outpatient services and a 20-bed inpatient unit.
As a city-owned medical center, CRMC is financially independent, reinvesting millions of dollars each year into new and improved services. As a matter of fact, CRMC has reinvested more than $42 million over the past five years to help meet the healthcare needs of the region. Recent investments include:
• a new surgical platform (Stryker 1688 AIM 4K) providing 4K visualization and advanced imaging modalities across
an array of sur...gical specialties
• orthopedic robotics with some joint replacement patients going home the same day
• the latest daVinci surgical robot with a goal of becoming a robotic surgery center of excellence
• expansion of the heart program to include structural heart procedures and enhancement of cardiac imaging
• construction of a new, fully equipped vascular lab
• stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT)
• a third linear accelerator in the Cancer Center
• a new medication dispensing system (Omnicell)
• a new bedside telemetry monitoring system
• a new MRI and a 128-slice CT scanner
• a new nurse call system
CRMC is recognized as Tennessee’s only hospital to receive the America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery Award™ for nine consecutive years and Tennessee’s only hospital to receive the Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™ for three consecutive years, according to Healthgrades’ 2020 national report. CRMC has also earned the Commitment Award from the Tennessee Center for Performance Excellence (TNCPE), patterned after the esteemed national Baldrige Performance Excellence Program. Accredited by the Joint Commission, CRMC also boasts the following achievements:
• Specialty certification by the Joint Commission for sepsis treatment and hip fracture repair
• Advanced certification as a primary stroke center by the Joint Commission
• Accredited cancer program by the American Cancer of Surgeon’s Commission on Cancer
• Region’s only accredited chest pain center with primary PCI by the American College of Cardiology Accreditation
• Accredited comprehensive bariatric surgery program by the American College of Surgeons
The Heart & Vascular Center The Cancer Center
The Rehabilitation Center
(inpatient and outpatient physical and occupational therapy)
The Birthing Center Primary Stroke Center
Orthopedics & Spine Surgery Robotics Surgery Program Breast Center
Advanced Wound Care Center