Quality Data Coordinator – AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: FT Days-40 hours/week
Location: AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
9100 West 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The QI Coordinator is part of the Quality Management team and reports to the Administrative Director of Quality and Safety. This position is responsible for the coordination of medical staff data for FPPE, OPPE, and reappointment profiles. In addition the position, collects, aggregates, analyzes, summarizes and reports quality data for hospital organizational performance and physician performance data as indicated. Utilizes statistical process control techniques as indicated. Facilitates reporting of Patient Satisfaction survey results. Is responsible for the ongoing management and development of the QM databases.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Utilizes the Performance Improvement Model
- Utilizes excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations while maintaining strong supportive relationships. Readily available for questions; handles requests in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbally.
- Demonstrates a proactive attitude and seeks to remedy situations before mistakes are made or corrects errors when found; takes responsibility for the overall “quality image” of the department.
- Ensures accuracy of data collection and submission; validates integrity of data collected.
- Develops data reports for projects, committees, hospital departments, medical staff departments, as designated.
- Knowledge of and utilizes statistical approaches, measurement techniques, including benchmark and comparative data to develop quality reports.
- Collects, aggregates, analyzes, summarizes and reports quality data for hospital organizational performance and physician performance data as indicates.
- Participates in hospital-wide outcomes and quality improvement initiatives/ performance improvement teams.
- Assists in efforts to improve and streamline the process and workflow of the department.
- Demonstrates the ability to set appropriate priorities.
- Recognizes how absence impacts the functioning of the healthcare team and strives to minimize this effect.
- When requested, is willing to adjust personal schedule in order to complete workload when necessary
- Attends educational offerings as needed to promote continuous learning and support to department
- Coordinates and facilitates timely, accurate, and effective completion of FPPE/OPPE/ reappointment profiles.
- Continues to maintain, develop and utilize comprehensive databases of clinical information to enable physicians, hospital leaders and departments analyze practice patterns and make improvements. E.g. MIDAS, excel worksheets, Premier, databases etc. (Serves as MIDAS administrator)
- Compiles, analyzes, and prepares reports medical staff and organizational indicators for appropriate committees. (scorecards, graphs, PowerPoint displays)
- Develop methods for monitoring and reporting outcomes for new procedures/privileges approved by the medical staff.
- Completes data mining projects from MIDAS, Premier, Cerner, etc. to develop quarterly and focused data reports.
- Uses knowledge of database fields and medical record coding to ensure data is valid.
- Maintains an organized work flow system.
- Prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
- Provides documents that are attractively formatted and without typographical/grammatical errors.
- Seeks improvement in time management and enhanced support services provided.
- Meets deadlines for routine and special projects for the department
- Cross trains to others’ assignments within the department to gain depth in duties and allow cross coverage.